We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
ByCoconut and Lime
Updated May 10, 2017
can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pizza Crust
cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Carefully, cut the spaghetti squash in half and place on a baking sheet insides side up. Cook for about 40 minutes or until squash is tender enough to be pulled out with a fork into strands.
Preheat oven according to Pillsbury™ refrigerated pizza crust package instructions. Roll out the dough and cut into circles using a circle cookie cutter. Put a small amount of pizza sauce onto each bite and top with cheese.
Layer the toppings on and bake for 12 minutes until bottoms are crispy.
Nutrition InformationNo nutrition information available for this recipe
More About This Recipe
- Not much is better than pizza, right? How about mini pizza bites?With an unusual flavor combination of mozzarella cheese, spinach, spaghetti squash, and bacon, these salty and sweet Spaghetti Squash Pizza Bites are adorable and delicious!I love that you don't need many ingredients for these. If you’re not a bacon lover, it will still be yummy without bacon!The bites are puffy and the sweet spaghetti squash adds a great contrast to the salty bacon crumbles and cheesy-tomato-goodness!I love using Pillsbury Pizza Crust because it’s so easy to roll out and frankly, I haven’t made a pizza crust myself that tastes as good.Try serving these pizza bites at your next party and your guests will be popping them in their mouths before they can say, “Pizza pie!”
Tuscan Spaghetti Squash
Using roasted spaghetti squash, this recipe delivers a low-carb version of a typical Italian pasta dish without the pasta. The creamy cheese sauce with spinach and tomatoes willl have everyone singing 'That's Amore!'
Spaghetti Squash Boats with Cream Cheese and Spinach
This tasty spaghetti squash will make you appreciate veggies like never before. An easy, cheesy and creamy side dish, you will LOVE this recipe.
Personally I get in a rut where I am roasting carrots or steaming broccoli, so when I can incorporate more interesting veggies like squash, I get excited.
Of course a dish like this take a bit more prep, but for a few times a month or even a holiday meal, its definitely worth it. Even if it takes a bit of time because squash is one veggie that has to get good and soft, its also super easy so don’t let that detract from your future delicious meal
To get started, you need to gather the following – scroll to the bottom for measurements and an easy to read printable recipe card that makes shopping for this recipe a breeze.
- Spaghetti squash
- vegetable oil
- minced garlic
- cream cheese, cubed
- cottage cheese
- chopped fresh spinach
- shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
RELATED RECIPES:Other recipes that use spaghetti squash are Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, Roasted Butternut Squash and How to make Spaghetti Squash in the oven.
Weight Watchers Nutritional Notes: 2 Points per serving for 6 servings IF using fat free on ALL cheese options
- 2 slices bacon (about 2 ounces total), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 bunches flat-leaf spinach (about 2 pounds total), thick stems removed, well washed and dried
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 5 to 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon, leaving fat in skillet drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
Increase heat to high fill skillet with as much spinach as will fit. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing spinach and adding more as it wilts (it may take up to 2 minutes to fit it all). Continue to cook until tender, 1 to 3 minutes.
Tilt skillet to drain water from spinach (using slotted spoon or a spatula to hold spinach back). Mix in vinegar season with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with crispy bacon.
How to make spaghetti squash pizza boats
It's easy! The full instructions are in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
Rake a fork back and forth to remove strands of the flesh, keeping the shells intact.
Mix the strands with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella, then transfer them back to the shells.
Arrange the pepperoni on top and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and with the Parmesan.
Bake the pizza boats until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 15 minutes.