- Dish type
- Seafood salad
- Prawn salad
For a beautiful, flavourful cold salad and a wonderful variation from the standards, try this easy and delicious couscous. Always a hit, and never goes to waste.
127 people made this
- 350g couscous
- 500ml water
- 180ml olive oil
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 675g cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 60g chopped fresh parsley
- 250g crumbled feta cheese
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:5min ›Extra time:2hr › Ready in:2hr35min
- Pour water into a saucepan, and bring to the boil. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then immediately fluff with a fork (otherwise it will clump). Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the prawns, cooled couscous, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, parsley and feta cheese. Whisk vinaigrette to blend, then pour in about half of it over the couscous. Toss to coat, and add more dressing to coat thoroughly without drenching. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(124)
Reviews in English (93)
I copied this recipe several years ago, and have taken it to every holiday and covered dish event since. I do a little less couscous and add some diced cucumber.-21 Apr 2005
by Paula Wood
This was out of this world! I usedd red wine vinigar and lemon zest and it was fantastic! I will make tis again and again this Summer.-11 Jun 2005
by Ann Clark
I thought this recipe was fantastic!! I used crumbled goat cheese on hand.....very pleased with the results!Can't wait to make again!7.20.06-Just want to add that I have made this recipe about a dozen times! I actually double the dressing portion and use it for marinading chicken and pork for grilling. Love, love, love!-15 Jan 2006