We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in 2-3 tablespoons hot water. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Combine the all-purpose flour, rice flour, saffron, and turmeric in a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast and water, a little at a time to make a thick batter. Cover and let ferment for 1-2 hours. After fermentation the batter should be light and flowy. Add extra water as needed.
About 15-20 minutes before frying, make a one-strand sugar syrup, cooking the sugar and water in a medium-sized pot over medium heat. Keep hot.*
Meanwhile, fill a deep pot about 1/3 full with oil and place over medium heat. When a piece of batter dropped into the oil sizzles, begin frying the jalebi. Using a funnel, pastry bag with tip number 12, or a zip-lock bag with a small corner clipped off, pipe the batter into the oil in circular motion.
Fry until the jalebi are golden on both sides. Take it out of the fryer and drop into the hot syrup for 5-7 seconds. Strain out the extra syrup and take out the jalebi. Serve with yogurt or just as is.
- Batter Ingredients:
- 2 cups flour (self-rising)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- 3 strands saffron
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 3 inches vegetable oil (canola/sunflower cooking oil for deep frying)
- 2 drops food coloring (orange)
- Syrup Ingredients:
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rosewater
Mix the flour, baking powder, yogurt, and food coloring into a batter and keep aside for 24 hours to ferment.
Pour batter into a ketchup dispensing bottle.
To make sugar syrup, melt the sugar with the rosewater in a small saucepan and boil to get a one thread consistency. To check for one thread consistency, carefully dip the tip of your index finger into the syrup, touch your finger and thumb together and gently tease apart. If one thread is formed between your finger and thumb, the syrup is done.
Turn off the fire, add the saffron strands and cardamom and stir well.
Heat the oil in a deep wok-like dish. To test for the right temperature, drop a small amount of batter into the oil. If it sizzles and rises to the top of the oil, the oil is hot enough. Keep the flame on medium at all times to ensure thorough cooking of the jalebis.
Now hold the ketchup dispenser over the hot oil and squeeze the batter into the oil into a wiggly, randomly coiled circle. Squeeze out several at a time.
Fry till light golden and then remove and put directly into the sugar syrup.
The batter also contains baking powder for a lighter and crispier outer layer. Why baking powder? There is a simple reason behind it.
Flours + water + curd make a thick dough, and when baking powder is added to this wet mix (when baking powder gets wet), it produces tiny bubbles in the batter which activates ONLY when the batter is added to the hot ghee.
These trapped bubbles when meets the hot ghee, expands the batter, makes it fluffier (pic 6), which results in a lighter, crispier Jalebis.
Instant jalebi recipe | homemade crispy jalebi step by step photo recipe:
Preparing sugar syrup:
- firstly, take 1 cup sugar in a pan and add ¼ cup water.
- keep stirring on low flame, so that the sugar dissolves.
- boil the sugar syrup and add saffron.
- cook till you get one string consistency in the sugar syrup.
- once one string consistency is attained, switch off the flame and add ½ tsp lemon juice and cardamom powder. lemon helps to avoid crystallizing sugar syrup and keeps your jalebis crispy.
Preparing jalebi batter:
- firstly, in a mixing bowl, take ½ cup all purpose flour or maida, 1 tsp corn flour, 1 tsp curd and 1/8th tsp of food colour.
- mix all the above ingredients with a spoon.
- then add half tsp vinegar and 5 – 6 tsp water. the amount of water to be added slowly and as required.
- whisk well in round circular directions for 5 minutes. this adds volume to the batter and makes it even and smooth.
- now add ¼ tsp of baking soda and give a gentle mix.
- further small bubbles appear on the top. stir the batter lightly and it should have a flowing consistency.
- now pour this batter in the tomato ketchup bottles carefully.
- firstly, heat oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp of ghee. ghee gives a better flavour. make sure your pan is not too shallow and should be approximately 1 inch deep for frying jalebis.
- now squeeze the bottle and make round spirals with the batter.
- furthermore, when one side is partly cooked, turn over and fry the other side.
- also fry till the jalebis are a light golden. remove with a tongs and shake to drain the extra oil.
- then immediately drop the fried jalebis in the warm sugar syrup.
- dip and turn over so that both sides are coated with the syrup.
- remove and shake lightly and place them in a plate.
- finally, serve jalebirecipe hot, warm or at room temperature. store the leftovers jalebi in an airtight container and refrigerated.
Instant Jalebi, Quick Jalebi Recipe
instant jalebi recipe | quick jalebi | homemade instant jalebi | instant jalebi without eno are so quick to make that you would never have thought that jalebis can be made so easily! Learn how to make homemade instant jalebi .
To make instant jalebi , first we need to make the sugar syrup. Combine the sugar with 1/3rd cup of water together in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves and is of 1 thread consistency. Add saffron-milk mixture and rose water and mix well. Keep the syrup aside. It should remain warm. Then combine sieved plain flour and baking powder with curds-water mixture and whisk well. Heat some ghee in a broad non-stick pan. Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single hole nozzle. Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl. Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown in colour from both the sides. Immediately add to warm sugar syrup and keep soaked for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cardamom powder and serve warm.
Born in the North only to become famous all over India, the homemade instant jalebi has a somewhat chewy texture with a crystallized, semi-fermented, sugary exterior coating, which contributes to the unique flavour of this dish.
The USP of these quick jalebi is there is no need to ferment the batter. Moreover, they are not made with eno or fruit salt. It’s the curd used in this recipe that works its magic.
While making these homemade instant jalebi , remember to keep the syrup warm. Keep stirring the sugar syrup continuously till you reach 1 thread consistency. Do not over cook the sugar syrup. Also ensure that you immerse the jalebi in warm syrup immediately after frying so they soak the sugar syrup well. Do not over soak them. 2 to 3 minutes is enough.
Easy Jalebi Recipe
Apart from testing this Instant Jalebi recipe a few times I actually enjoyed the process of making them. I always assume things are complicated before I even try them.
Now I know better. I am not a huge risk taker when it comes to life, I think all my phobias stop me from doing a whole lot of stuff. However, in the kitchen I think I can take more risks.
Jalebi is one of those recipes I always thought needed that fermentation process. I suppose if you are really fussy about getting the exact sort of tartness or sourness then fermentation is a must for you.
Me, frankly I don&rsquot have the time for that whole waiting business. I like to get things done and over with. It&rsquos one of the reasons I had to come up with my Instant Jalebi Recipe.
I think the yogurt does add a hint of &ldquosourness&rdquo if I can call it that. For me this recipe tasted perfectly fine and it took just a short while to get it all done.
There are a few things to note when making Jalebi
Here, the complete recipe for jalebi classified into three simple categories first one is preparing jalebi batter,
second one is making sugar syrup for jalebi recipe and the last one is frying jalebi.
Preparing Jalebi Batter
1. Preparing perfect consistency batter for instant jalebi recipe, pour 6 tbsp maida or all-purpose flour in a large mixing bowl.
2. Now, add 1 tbsp cornflour to this bowl.
3. Then, add 3 tbsp hung curd or yoghurt.
4. To get perfect crispy jalebi sprinkle ¼ tbsp baking soda.
5. Now for making batter at first pour a little water, don’t include a lot of water at a time which makes your batter becomes runny, and jalebis will become a flat shape.
6. Then mix everything with a whisker, If your hands are germs free, you can use your bare hand.
7. After that pour more water for making smooth batter for instant jalebi.
8. Now continuously whisk the batter until it gets desired thickness and free-flowing batter.
Note: It takes almost 15 to 20 minutes to achieve this consistency. Don’t go with time it totally depends upon your whisking speed.
9. Now for colour, your jalebis just like halwa jalebi add 1/8 tsp yellow food colour, if you don’t have you can use the same amount of turmeric powder.
10. Then properly mix the food color with the remaining batter.
11. Continuously whisk the mixture for another 3 to 5 min until you achieve this stage.
Making Sugar Syrup For Jalebi Recipe
1. For making chasni aka sugar syrup for jalebi recipe add 250 grams sugar in medium flame.
2. Pour 125 ml to 150 ml of water with it.
3. Now gently stir spatula and melt the sugar in a medium to high flame.
4. When sugar is completely melted and syrup is started boiling add 8 to 10 strands of saffrons.
5. Then add 1 tbsp rose water with this sugar syrup which gives a beautiful aroma.
6. Also, sprinkle 1 tsp lemon juice, which helps to avoid any type of crystallization of sugar after syrup becomes cool.
Note: Don’t worry about sourness, you didn’t feel it.
7. Now let the syrup boiling until it gets bubbling, and check the consistency of syrup by taking it in between fingers.
1. Now for frying jalebi, heat 4 to 5 tbsp ghee in a pan and melt it completely in medium flame.
2. In the meantime, to pour jalebi batter I use a milk packet, cut from one side completely, and fit in the glass.
Note: As we make homemade jalebi, you can also use a sauce bottle or zip lock bag.
3. Now pour 70% batter in this packet or sauce bottle or any zip lock bag.
4. If you use a milk packet make a cone shape and seal the packet properly with a rubber band, also cut the lower end depending upon consistency.
5. Before making jalebi, take a small batter and place in oil to check whether the oil is good for frying crispy jalebi.
6. Now rotate the hand in a clockwise direction to make a beautiful spiral round shape crispy jalebi.
Note: You can also place spatula in the hot oil and place the circular batter on it, which also helps to get proper round shape jalebi.
7. Turn them after sometimes to make crispy jalebi from both sides.
Note: Don’t fry a lot of jalebis together at a time, keep them proper space in between them to fry, unless jalebis become thin and flat.
8. When Jalebis become crispy on both side take them out from the pan.
9. Now, Immediately pour these hot jalebis in slightly warm sugar syrup which we prepared earlier.
Note: If you press the jalebis from the top at least 5 min as you saw above picture, in this way your jalebis easily absorbs sugar syrup and becomes juicy and crunchy.
10. Now eat this most delicious instant jalebi with rabri or as an alone dessert dish.
Instant Jalebi Recipe Card
Here is the quick overview of all the ingredients for jalebi including quick step by step preparation of instant jalebi recipe shown in the recipe card.
Take note of all ingredient lists.
For the sugar syrup, mix sugar and water and bring to a boil. Add saffron or yellow colour to it. Make sure the syrup is neither too thick or too thin. If thick the sugar will coat the jalebi making it sticky and hard, if it is too thin then it will make the jalebi soggy.
For the batter mix flour and water both and keep it in a warm corner overnight to ferment. DO not over it, I placing a lid leave a little space open.
Using your hands whip in air into the batter. Do this for 10mins with short breaks. Fill the batter into a squeeze bottle.
Heat Oil in a flat pan and pipe the batter in hot oil, Fry till crisp and the colour of the jalebi turns light brown. Remove and add it to sugar syrup. The temp of the syrup should be warm.
If the batter over ferments add a handful of maida and water. This will delay/stop the fermentation for some time.
jalebi recipe | crispy homemade jalebi | halwai style Indian jalebi | instant jalebi (without fermentation) | with 28 amazing images.
jalebi recipe | crispy homemade jalebi | halwai style Indian jalebi | instant jalebi (without fermentation) is a traditional Indian mithai made and served during festivals and weddings. Learn how to make crispy homemade jalebi .
This famous crispy homemade jalebi features on a Gujarati breakfast, especially on Sunday morning. The combo of Jalebi with ganthias and Masala Chai Or Masala Tea is a meal to be devoured with family and friends. Also served as a dessert jalebi is often served topped with Rabdi. This is irresistible too!
To make jalebi , first make the batter. Combine the yeast with 2 tbsp of warm water in a bowl and keep aside for 5 to 7 minutes. Combine this yeast mixture with the plain flour in a bowl and mix well. Add 5 tbsp of water if required to make a thick batter and cover and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Next make sugar syrup. Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till the sugar syrup is of 1 thread consistency. Combine the saffron strands, saffron colour and 2 tsp of sugar syrup in a bowl and add to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep aside. Then select a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid and fill with the batter. Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and press the bottle to form a coil shaped jalebi, starting from the inside to the outside. Deep-fry till the jalebis turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Place the fried jalebis into the warm syrup. Leave for 2 minutes or till they soak the sugar syrup well and then remove from the sugar syrup. Serve immediately garnished with cardamom powder, almond slivers and pistachio slivers.
Who can resist the temptation of fresh, deep-fried jalebis garnished with aromatic saffron strands? For all of you halwai style Indian jalebi fans, here is a quick and tasty version that can be prepared without long hours of fermentation.
This instant jalebi (without fermentation) is made in very less time as compared to the authentic recipe which needs overnight fermentation. This is a boon for those who want to try traditional mithais without sweating too much in the kitchen. A few tips to be kept in mind and you will be all set for a presentable Indian sweet and to gather all the applause.
Tips for jalebi . 1. To make the batter add water gradually. The amount of water usually depends on the quality of the flour. The batter has to be thick. 2. Keep a close watch while making sugar syrup. It should be 1 thread consistency. Even a little extra cooking of the syrup might make it hard. 3. Do not leave the jalebi in the sugar syrup for too long to avoid it from becoming over sweet and soggy.
Learn to make jalebi recipe | crispy homemade jalebi | halwai style Indian jalebi | instant jalebi (without fermentation) | with step by step photos and video below.
Jalebi Recipe | How to Make Crispy, Crunchy and Juicy Jalebi in minutes | Instant Pot Jalebi
Crispy, Juicy, and Instant Jalebi can be made at home quickly with simple steps and some tips. You can make 200-250 g Jalebi using 3 Tbsp of maida/flour. Simply the ratio of flour and yogurt/curd is 3:3:1. If you're a dessert lover, then this dessert recipe will surely make you go gaga over it. With Independence Day is around the corner, a few days away, I wanted to share a homemade jalebi recipe with you foodies. In this recipe, I have not used cornflour/besan flour.
Some dishes bring back so many memories. Jalebi is really right up there as far as my food memories are concerned. When I was little, our every Independence Day, Republic Day, and Tuesday(As my home town has weekly Market Day) Dessert were piping hot jalebis with chilled rabri. Those were the best dessert I have ever had. So Homely and yummylicious.
Why I used Instant Pot to Ferment Jalebi Batter?
The fermentation gives jalebis little sourness, which is so characteristic of this Indian sweet. I have used instant pot to ferment jalebis batter and the batter fermented in an ½ an hour. Instant Pot saved my 6-7 hours(as traditionally Jalebi Batter ferments for at least 8-10 hours). and I am happy with the outcome.
Independence Day is around the corner and to celebrate our day make this dessert for your family and friends and impress them with these delicious, juicy, and traditional most loved desserts, Jalebis.